




Ok I got tired of playing with 27 year old tips on my 27 year old cue and I have been needing new tips put on. Well I didn't want "billy bob" from the local pool hall cutting the tip and his finger off with a knife. I wanted a professionally done job of course. So this guy recommends "Trevor" at a phone #. I have no idea who Trevor is, but I called anyway. Turns out it's Carolina Cues. They make custom cues and have been getting an incredibly good reputation the past 18 months. Their website doesnt do them justice.
Unfortunately their hours match my work schedule completely and there is no time for them to do this, however, they said just let them know when I'm coming and they'll just stay there and wait on me however long it takes. They generally close at 5pm. Last night I got lost on the way there (explanation forthcoming) and it was after 7 when I arrived and he was still there waiting on me.
The Trip
On my way to a place I've never been before several detours later I'm lost. I stop at a gas station to ask for directions and I see a lady wearing a Fed-Ex shirt so I figured she had to know. I asked her and sure enough she did and said she was heading in that direction if I wanted to follow her. I said sure......
So I go outside and get in my car while she goes to hers. The gas pump is still in her gas tank... She gets in her car..... She closes her door..... I beep my horn hoping she stops..... She doesn't.... And the gas pump snaps out of her tank and onto the ground. I am glad there wasn't a spark in all that. THEN she comes up to me (without picking it up) and says she forgot to get gas. It'll be a moment. She then proceeds to go and back up, put the pump in, and fill her car up. I'm thinking great.. I get to follow this shit?
So we finally get to the road and a jeep cuts me off and puts his turn signal on to turn left, but there was a big concrete median there. Sure enough he goes right over it.
So I think that highway 73 was named after the locals IQ.
I Arrive!
I eventually make it to Carolina Cues and the guy gives me a tour and explains how all their cues are made. They have a very nice Brunswick 9' in there to practice on. I got to hit with their cues and they are a very solid consistent playing cue that look very nice on top of it.
Turns out the infamous Kelly Fisher is having her cues made there. I had no clue of course, but what a small world it is. Just about 2 weeks ago I was trying to get her to play offering her the 8 and now I'm at the very place shes getting her cues from.
They show me their process for how their cues are made and it's just impressive to say the least. I forsee myself getting one soon. Had the owner been there with the pricelist and knew which ones were for sale and already sold I probably would already have one. Most of their cues were already sold before they're even made.
Upcoming Events
FlashForward - Next month I'm going to Flash Forward in Boston, MA and looking forward to that. I've never been to boston before so that'll be fun. Maybe I can find a good pool hall while I'm there.
Viking Tour - October 20th-28th I'm going to play in the Viking 9 ball southern classice really long name the second 10 ball and 9 ball events in Atlanta, Ga. I'll get to see how well I fare against the best. Given I've only been playing 4.5 months straight after a 6 year break I'm doing fairly well so hopefully I dont go 2 rounds and out.
Stupid Drivers To And From Work!

This picture is actually a wreck. The guy he hit is in front of the dump truck.
This entire week I've been late except for 1 day which is today. I barely made it in because I left 1.5 hours early again. I've never been late before this week. It's not uncommon though it takes 2 hours to get home in the evening. I live 25 miles away from work. 2 hours. 25 miles... simple math. The road to get to work is the straightest simplest thing.

I darkened the road to show which is the one I travel. It's not a complex road. It's virtually a straight fuckn line. Yet people still seem to wreck every-single-day to and from. It's not that hard. People in other countries drive better than US for some damn reason.
I think our tests should be significantly harder in terms of driving tests so these idiotic assholes that make good drivers have to sit behind their mess for hours arent allowed to drive, work, breathe, or live. This includes people that block you or speed up if you put a turn signal on. In the state of NC you dont signal if you want to get over because you will get blocked out forever. In the racing capital of the world they're hick ass redneck fucks that fight for their spot in line. You have to act like you dont want to get over... then whip over really quickly and surprise them. It's all about the element of surprise in changing lanes in this state. I bet in the western days if a guy blocks another guys horse with his horse he would get shot. Someone should shoot people that do that in their cars. In the face.
Cheers.
2 comments:
Nice post. You should redo the cue companie's site.
What's going on with your stylesheet..
Hey jason. This stylesheet doesnt work properly so I'm just going to redo it and make it simple so firefox can view it... whenever I get time.
Post a Comment